POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL preview in POV-Ray : Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL preview in POV-Ray
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 11 Jun 2003 07:23:30
Message: <3ee71132$1@news.povray.org>

3ee6e5ce@news.povray.org...
> I just noticed that setting the quality lower
> doesn't speed up scenes using camera blur.
> Is there an INI option to disable a scene's
> use of blur?

When I say you really should using POV for real, lol.
In addition to what ABX said, the usual way to deal with complex (or even
less complex) scenes is to add switches at the beginning of your scene that
can turn on and off objects and features (or replace objects by dummies). So
it's like :
#declare BlurOn=1;
#declare RadiosityOn=2; // 0=no rad ; 1=test ; 2=final
#declare MediaOn=1;
#declare MyBigMeshOn=1;
etc.
This makes previewing and testing subsets of the scene very fast.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com